Things that have set off Siri (Part 2)
Siri just wants to help. That’s all. Siri can offer a hand with a few things, sure, but their eagerness outstrips their usefulness.
It’s easy enough to invoke Apple’s AI assistant: just say “Hey Siri” and up they pop, ready to set a timer or answer a question or whatever. But Siri often jumps the gun. Ever a keen bean, they often interject for seemingly no reason at all.
I’ve already documented a few cases. Here’s part two of “Things that have set off Siri”.
- “Where’s the cat?”
- The vacuum, again. (I guess it kind of makes an Sssss sound?)
- “What was that?”
- “It’s such a good tweet.” (Thankfully this rarely comes up.)
- “Don’t be silly, it’s a skillet.”
- “Siri’s bad enough as it is.” (This one hurt.)
- The kitchen tap running.
- “Could you throw me the tissue box please?”
- “I’m so mad.” (Siri popping in with “I’m listening” really didn’t help.)
- “So I said to mum…”
- “This all sounds mighty suspicious to me.” (Siri: officially sus.)
Sign up to the Kites can't fly newsletter to get a weekly summary of everything on the site (plus some other cool stuff) in your inbox.
I mean, it’s not like you're going to remember to come back here on your own. URLs are hard.